A new kind of pen and more process...

Hello true believers! I have some Zombies and some Samurai for you to check out today. These were inked using one of my new favorite things... brush pens! As I continue to experiment and work on my process I picked up one of these handy things.

Pentel Watercolor Brush Pen

I got this at Hobby Lobby for around $10. At first, I filled it with the typical Higgins waterproof ink. Unfortunately, that type of ink was very thin, didn't cover well, and came out with a brown-ish, washed out look. So, I switched to a Higgins Pigment waterproof ink, which covers completely, does not wash out brown, and looks great. Below are a few of my inking experiments using this new pen and ink. 

I'm very proud of these drawings because I didn't use any reference for any part of them. These were all created from imagination and knowledge of the anatomy of the face. This doesn't mean that they're perfect, but I feel they're pretty good for not looking at reference. 

Zombie Girl
pencil, ink, and brush pen on bristol


Zombie in profile
pencil, ink, and brush pen on bristol


Samurai
pencil, ink, and brush pen on bristol




Samurai with hat
pencil, ink, and brush pen on bristol

Comments

  1. I like the Zombie girl & think she looks both feminine & scary at the same time. Intrigued by the fact that you drew this from memory...have you met her before? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts