Back from the (Living) Dead...

Hey campers!

Well, as you know I've been away for a long time. I went on a fishing trip, took some time off to spend with my wife, and spent some time in the ol' hospital... don't be alarmed, I'm fine. On top of that I've took some time to develop my art process a bit more and developed a strategy for setting short-term art goals and tracking my progress. If any of you are into that kind of logistics stuff let me know and I'll post it, but otherwise it's pretty boring.

I decided to practice a technique I'm developing for doing more "sketchy" pictures. I use pencil to create the initial picture, and then I "ink" my pencils with ballpoint-pen. I know, weird huh? I received some feedback from some of you on how you liked my sketchy pen style. After trying to replicate it with other pens, I found that the ballpoint still worked best. Now I'm just trying to develop a process and make my artwork scannable. (Ballpoint pen scans all fuzzy and scribbly)

So, here is a test using a zombie as the subject, (He was just sort of standing there, so I drew a picture of him), the colors were done in Photoshop.

pencil, ballpoint pen, photoshop

Comments

Popular Posts