X-Persons!

Yes, I know I have been absent. There is very good reason for that, but we can discuss that later. I threw together some quick sketches of the X-Men. I began reading X-Men back in 1989 and by 1993 I was fed up with them. Too many trips back in time and characters from alternate dimensions for me so I ditched them. I've heard it's been getting better but I personally think they need to have some kind of huge cataclysm, the Marvel Universe implodes and God, (aka, Stan Lee), pushes the reset button and everything starts from scratch. This time around, no stupid dimensional and time craziness, no spandex and no more Wolverine with bone claws! If they were smart over there at the Marvel comic book think-tank, they would come up with a way to start over as classy as the people at the Star Trek franchise did.

I digress... These are the ways in which I think the X-Men should look. These were some quick sketches that I used a brush on. I found that the bristol board I was using is inferior. Drew Jean Grey, (top left), and then tried to ink her with my nib pen. The board began to bleed the ink like crazy and the pen gouged the paper way too easily. So I switched to brush with a little bit less bleed. So if you see stray marks that is why. I am going to switch to some better paper. As always, constructive feedback is encouraged!


blue pencil, ink and brush on bristol board

Comments

Popular Posts