Face Practice

I got back into doing faces again. I haven't done a concentrated group of facial sketches since I began this blog. My wife had cut up a bunch of index cards and ended up not needing to use them. So, I took them into my studio and started doing a few mini faces on them. It was a small lightning moment as I found the need to practice faces again and it gave me a chance to do warm-ups before working on bigger projects and it gives me free reign to practice with different media. What you see here is the beginning of that practice work. These were all done with pencil, ink, and brush on cut index card... about 2"x 2". I'm also trying to play around a bit with style and see what feel right and looks good to me.

 




Comments

  1. I love these. There is so much expression in these faces!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts