Random Sketches

Well, I don't have any time at home, but during my lunch break at school I have done a few sketches. Here are some random digital drawings I did the past two weeks. The first is a drawing I did of Stone Gossard and Jeff Amet of Pearl Jam. Most people who are Pearl Jam fans like me idolize Eddie Vedder. Not me. While I really enjoy Ed and everything he's about, Pearl Jam WOULD NOT exist if not for Jeff and Stone. They have been friends since they were young and are the main creative force behind PJ. They write almost all of the music, and have done so for a few "small" bands in the past such as: Green River, Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Brad, Malfunkshun, etc. In my mind they are geniuses. So, here is the sketch, which I believe is pretty bad, but it's a start for something bigger later.


Next up is a quick concept sketch I did for some spaceships that I designed back when I was in high school. I get sick of spaceships with airfoils on them, suggesting that they need wings to navigate space. Airplanes need wings to move the air... no air in space, so no need for wings. However, there are a lot of maneuvering thrusters to adjust to the situations of combat... that's how they would steer in space. Here is a squadron of said craft. 


Lastly, a quick color sketch of a female face. This was done shortly after I re-read "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way". What a great book! Short, simple, and to the point without a lot of "how-to" over-doneness. Check it out if you get the chance. Here's the pic. Enjoy!


JPF


Comments

  1. Nice work, Foley. I would love to see those space fighter things with more solidified lines. In the second pass, you can add a bit of atmosphere by keeping the ship closest to the viewer crisp and dark and as the others recede in space they should become lighter and less defined.

    Later, you should try building one in SketchUp. The program is great for helping you think three-dimensionally and applying it back into your drawings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts