I have arrived... sort of.

A few years ago I worked for a company called Games Workshop as a graphic designer. Creatively it was a great experience, partly due to being exposed to so much cool new "nerdy" stuff every day, but mostly because I worked with some very creative people. I kept a flip-page sketchbook at my desk to record my notes and daily to-do's, and while I was waiting for a file to load, download, etc. I would throw down a few sketches... maybe more than I should sometimes. Anyway, I still have that sketchbook and I have l found myself looking at it and wishing I was still at the same skill-level artistically.

Today I looked at the last few pages in my Moleskine and found that I have completely covered the pages with sketches and tons of material to use later on. The pages are filled with thought and learning and they are un-reserved like some of my previous sketchbook pages.  Instead of worrying about technique and style and restricting myself, the drawings just flowed onto the page. That hasn't happened since I had that sketchbook back at GW. So, I have arrived once again at a great point in my drawing and I am excited to see where it can go from here since I never really pushed beyond this point before.

So, needless to say, I am very excited about what is coming out onto my pages now. While most of you may look at these sketch posts and say that I still have a long way to go, I feel as though I have reached an unspoken goal. I do realize that I have a lot yet to learn and a lot of things that I need to work on to get to the level I want to be at. I just wanted to share with all of you how excited and inspired I am about how much progress I have made and how much more I am inspired to do even more at higher levels.

Thanks for everyone's emails and comments on my work. It has really fueled me to get better and work that much harder. Thank You!

Here is a sketch from one of the two recently drawn pages I referenced above. Enjoy!


JPF

Comments

  1. Youse on mafuckin' fire! Keep going you goon! So proud.

    I'm obviously really into this here spaceman.

    Maybe tackle some Mythos critters...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts