Ice is back with a brand new/old invention...

Hello friends! Yes I'm back from quite a whirlwind of activities and events in my life. As you all know from previous posts I was in South Africa for about 2.5 months. When I got back, we bought a house here in North Carolina, literally four days after I got back. Then I had to paint 4 rooms and get us moved in. A couple of weeks later... we had our daughter Nora Josephine Foley. Now, I am constantly busy with maintaining the house and taking care of our baby girl while Sharon returns to work. All of this to say... I love my life!

During the downtimes, when Nora is sleeping, I have had the chance to dive into making a comic. I have never completed a full comic before and I see this project as a personal challenge. I have been developing a story for years and years that involves my roommates from college. They always liked seeing my drawings and caricatures of people and more than one time I was asked to make them into super heroes. So, I sat down with my old sketchbooks, drew up a story, made 20 pages of thumbnails, and now I'm making it happen. It feels great to do this. There are so many benefits to doing this; learning how to create a comic, solving different layout and story-telling problems, perfecting my style, finding anatomy issues that I need to work on, inking and coloring practice, and the list goes on forever. So, as I'm sure you can tell, I am really stoked about this. If I like this enough, I might try doing a web comic, but that takes a lot of time and being a stay-at-home-dad might not provide the time needed for such an endeavor.

The picture I'm sharing with you today is a finished pencilled page from the comic I'm working on. In this page, our meat-headed villain is breaking up a peaceful amish gathering in Central Pennsylvania. You'll have to stay tuned to my blog to find out more!

-JPF


Comments

Popular Posts