Digital vs. Analog... again

Hey there friends! I've been struggling with using the digital tablet to create drawings. It just doesn't "feel" right when I draw. I'm not getting the same line quality as well as the accuracy that I get when I'm using a pencil and pen. BUT! It's so easy to erase and adjust without damaging your "paper". I was drawing two nights ago on the computer and was getting totally frustrated with the process and basically said "screw it!" Then, today I pulled off this pretty decent sketch of a female head without any picture reference. I must say, I actually got the look I was going for. I know that some of the measurements are a bit off and some things don't align quite right, but not too shabby for drawing out of my head.


So, I figure that when I become a famous comic artist/illustrator, I can buy one of those fancy tablets where you draw directly onto the screen. Then I can be cool and hipster and "pure digital". 

I noticed that I used a lot of "quotes" in this post.

JPF

Comments

  1. Hey, hooray! Now tack on an extra eye or crab claws.

    Dude draw however you feel best. You can always draw on paper then scan and go from there. Ccccccccombo.

    So long as you keep at it. If you keep it all inside, welp, that's that. Ya know?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts